Friday, September 9, 2016




Sophie Karon Brooks
2/7/1956 — 8/23/2016
Sophie Karon Brooks, 60, died unexpectedly at a Scarborough medical facility on Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016. She was born on February 7th 1956 in Hartford Connecticut. She was a resident of Winthrop Maine since 1986, where she moved to from Southington Connecticut with her husband David Brooks.
Sophie graduated from the University of Maine at Augusta and Buckley High School in Hartford Connecticut. In Maine she has worked for LL Bean, H&R Block, herself as an independent tax preparer, and for Bank of America in both Belfast and Brunswick. A transplant to Maine, she loved the state, its people, shores, mountains, hiking trails and artists. She loved to travel and was planning a Paris and London trip with her husband in October, having spent the last year studying French in preparation. She was a generous soul who always wanted to help her friends, coworkers, clients and family. She was a blood donor and a registered organ donor, and would be happy that she was able to help others live.
Sophie was the daughter of Tadeusz and Edna Karon (née Spiewak) both born in Poland who have predeceased her. Sophie is also predeceased by her daughter Nichole Brooks. Sophie is survived by her husband David, her beloved and pampered pets, Heidi and Jasper, her dogs, and her cat Chester; as well as by her sister Dianne Kowalski and her husband Stanley, and their children Jackie and Douglas; and also by her brother-in-law Steven Brooks, his wife Anna, and their son Michelson; as well as by cousins, aunts and uncles, and friends. 
Sophie was active on Facebook as https://www.facebook.com/sophie.brooks.503 which her husband David is updating with information. 
Her Maine friends, neighbors, coworkers, former clients, and anyone who knew her and would like to help remember her are invited to gather at her home in Winthrop, at 8 Tallyrand Drive, at 12 Noon on Saturday September 17th. A separate gathering is planned for family in Connecticut. For information, directions, or just to talk about Sophie, call David at 377-6368.


Comments
David M. Brooks III This is what is being submitted to the Kennebec Journal and the Advertiser. Note that everyone is invited to our house to help remember Sophie on Saturday, September 17th at Noon.
Chad Vincent 12-3 david? Ill be their lil eatlier to help out
David M. Brooks III Thank you Chad, any help you can give me before 12 -- and after is appreciated. I would like people to come at 12 and have myself, you, Mary Ester and others who would like to share our memories do and people can stay as long as they want -- I won't be kicking anyone out at 2 or 3 ... I'm expecting a comfortable and positive experience and I'll be happy for people to stay as long as they want -- but I'm not expecting people to stay longer. BoA (Rebecca) has offered to pay for the catering which is nice but someone is going to have to pick up the orders if they aren't delivered perhaps you could help me there. Of course I don't know how much to order.
Dawn White-Bisson I would love to be able to help as well, let me know what I can do! I'm
Available for whatever needs to be done
Chad Vincent mary ester and me will cordinate the food pick up
Sophie Brooks
Write a reply...
Eva Fasano Such a beautiful friend. I miss her very much.
Heather Stone This is still just so mind blowing. I am so sorry for your loss David.
Nicholas Gabel So sorry again. Sophie will be missed.
Andrea White Garrepy I think of her often, what a beautiful and thoughtful woman. Sophie, you will be missed...
Josephine Stevens David M. Brooks III you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find peace in your time of sorrow.
LikeReply14 hrs
Sophie Brooks
Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment