Wednesday, September 28, 2016

This is David M. Brooks III Sophie's husband.
Again I invite all her friends to visit her home on 8 Talleyrand Drive in Winthrop at 12 Noon Saturday (September 17th), to get together and remember her.... if you know someone not on Facebook who might be interested please share. Casual dress please.
I emptied her underwear drawer a couple of days ago -- and Sophie would want me to remind people that the Clintons took a tax deduction for donating their used underwear -- and at the bottom of there were a few small boxes of some jewelry items, including a set of very small diamond earrings... I don't remember if I had given them to her but she never wore them she liked her QVC jewelry that are not actual diamonds but looked quite impressive... but she never pretended that they were "real."
Also at the bottom of the drawer were six greeting cards... a Christmas card from me to her, two birthday cards from her mother, a birthday card from niece and nephew "Jackie and Doug Kowalski," and a sympathy card from my dad and his friend Caroline on the death of Sophie's mother Edna, with a note from my dad, who is now also gone, "Remember the good times."
Also there was birthday card from her coworkers at Bank of America... like all the other cards in this small collection it is undated... I've scanned the greeting messages people wrote.
These aren't they only cards she kept we have some in a drawer in the seretary in the living room... why they were in this drawer I don't know.
I am also posting a my valentine's card to Sophie this year which was still on a kitchen window ledge, which read on the front:
"My life is better when you're in it."
I meant it. But if I had realized how deeply true that was when I gave it too her I would have made sure I let her know so much more, every day.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Kelley French Hi David - please know I am there in spirit. I'm down on the south shore of Massachusetts with 2 small children. I wish I was able to make the trip to celebrate Sophie, i would be there in a second if I was closer 💗
Debra Levesque I hope you donate her underwear for the tax deduction. She would want that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment